School and community-based grief support groups for middle school aged students begin on a rolling basis for sites located within a 20-mile radius of Judi’s House. Groups are offered first come, first served. Your school or community-based site will be considered if you meet the below requirements and all applications materials are complete.
School or Community-Based Site Requirements
School or community-based sites MUST:
- Recruit a minimum of SIX middle school age youth who are:
- Actively grieving a death loss
- New Judi’s House group participants
- Able to demonstrate support for others and contribute to a safe group environment,
- And attend group on a consistent basis
- Identify a consistent mental health professional who will be on site and available during/following each group session (staff are not required to participate in grief groups).
- Have a consistent meeting time that allows for 10 consecutive group sessions (excluding school breaks) no less than 50 minutes long.
- Secure a space that is private, appropriate, and uninterrupted for at least one hour at group time.
- Collect completed application and disclosure statements from all participant’s adult caregiver(s) with medical decision-making authority.
Interesting in starting a group at your school or organization? Please complete our interest form to begin the process. Once this form is complete, a member of the Judi’s House Community-Based Care Team will contact you.
Once approved, an official Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) will be signed by the school/community organization and Judi’s House administrators prior to starting services. See sample MOU.
If you have questions please contact us.