Our staff and clinicians are dedicated to advancing the field of childhood bereavement to ensure grieving children and families receive the care they need and deserve.
Read more about the work being done at Judi’s House/JAG Institute as we strive to fulfill our vision that no child should be alone in grief.
- Burns, M., Landry, L., Mills, D., Carlson, N., Blueford, J. M., & Talmi, A. (2023). COVID-19 pandemic’s disproportionate impact on childhood bereavement for youth of color: Reflections and recommendations. Frontiers in Pediatrics, 11.
- Burns, M., Griese, B., King, S., & Talmi, A. (2020). Childhood Bereavement: Understanding prevalence and related adversity in the United States. American Journal of Orthopsychiatry, 90(4), 391-405.
- Griese, B., Burns, M., & Farro, S. (2018). Pathfinders: Promoting healthy adjustment in bereaved children and families. Death Studies, 42(3), 134-142.
- Griese, B., Burns, M. R., Farro, S. A., Silvern, L., & Talmi, A. (2017). Comprehensive grief care for children and families: Policy and practice implications. American Journal of Orthopsychiatry, 87(5), 540-548.
- Griese, B., Giusto, A. & Silvern, L. (2012). Judi’s House: Integrating research and practice in a community-based bereavement center for children and families. Grief Matters: The Australian Journal of Grief and Bereavement, 15(3), 76-81.
- Kilmer, R. P., Gil Rivas, V. Griese, B., Hardy, S. J., Hofstad, G. S., & Alisic, E. (2014). Posttraumatic growth in children and youth: Clinical implications of an emerging research literature. American Journal of Orthopsychiatry, 84(5): 506-18.