The Childhood Bereavement Changemaker collaborative is an initiative developed by Judi’s House/JAG Institute in partnership with the New York Life Foundation to support agencies in using the Childhood Bereavement Estimation Model (CBEM) to better understand prevalence in their communities.
In 2019, more than 30 organizations representing 20 states submitted proposals to participate in the CBC Collaborative. Judi’s House/JAG Institute is proud and excited to partner with six passionate organizations selected as Childhood Bereavement Changemakers. These diverse Changemakers will help move the field toward a better understanding of the full spectrum of childhood bereavement across the nation as we conduct community needs assessments and develop tailored reports to achieve Changemakers’ goals.
As Childhood Bereavement Changemakers, these organizations gain the data necessary to help inform planning, influence change, increase funding, and enhance their overall impact on bereaved children and families.
- Alive Hospice, Nashville, Tennessee
- Children’s Bereavement Center of South Texas, San Antonio Texas
- The Dougy Center, Portland, Oregon
- The Grief Center of Southwest Colorado, Durango, Colorado
- OUR HOUSE Grief Support Center, Los Angeles, California
- Greater Philadelphia Grief Collaborative, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (representing: A Haven, Abington-Jefferson Health Safe Harbor Program, The Center for Loss and Bereavement, Peter’s Place, and Uplift Center for Grieving Children)
Judi’s House/JAG Institute partnered with the New York Life Foundation to help support grieving children and families by creating the Childhood Bereavement Estimation Model and establishing the Childhood Bereavement Changemaker initiative.