Judi’s House/ JAG Institute’s JEDI Vision Statement
Judi’s House/JAG Institute centers justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion. We strive to welcome, respect, value, and support our clients, staff, board of directors, and volunteers. Grief is a universal experience. Yet, we know that there are significant barriers that prevent some from accessing grief care. Therefore, we are taking active steps to engage in ongoing learning, reflect the families in our community, respond to the cultural needs of our clients, and address discrimination and inequity.
In fulfilling our mission to help grieving children and families, we are committed to courageously fostering justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion by continually adhering to the following in all aspects of our organization:
- Create safe space for all.
- Invite, engage, and respect every voice to inform our practices.
- Show humility, recognizing who we are and what we don’t know.
- Address systemic injustices and inequities that impact how communities are supported in navigating their grief.
- Lead with our core values to move toward our vision that no child should be alone in grief.