2019 Luncheon Recap
The fifth annual Strength in the Face of Adversity Luncheon, held at the Hyatt Regency Denver at Colorado Convention Center Oct. 2, 2019, featured a compelling conversation with celebrated NFL player, author, and philanthropist, Warrick Dunn.
Thank you to our sponsors and guests for supporting the important work being done for grieving children and families at Judi’s House.
2019 Event Chairs: Alex and Connie Wiegers
2019 Healing Hand Honoree: Moody Insurance Agency
For more information about events, please contact Julie Scott.
Warrick Dunn, 2019 Keynote Speaker
In addition to his impressive football accomplishments, Warrick is perhaps best known for his involvement in philanthropy. As a rookie for Tampa Bay, Warrick founded Homes for the Holidays to fulfill his mother’s dream of home ownership for single parent families. Warrick’s mother, Betty Smothers, worked tirelessly as a police officer, until she was ambushed and killed while escorting a businesswoman to make a night deposit. Warrick was only 18 years old.
The program partners with local organizations to turn houses into homes for single parent families through home furnishings and down-payment assistance.
Warrick Dunn Charities is dedicated to strengthening and transforming communities by combating poverty, hunger, and improving the quality of lives for families academically, socially, and economically.
Previous Speakers & Honorees
- Keynote: Mariel Hemingway, Actress, Producer, and Author
- Healing Hand Honoree: John Wickliff, Board Member
- Keynote: Mitch Albom, Author, Journalist, and Philanthropist
- Healing Hand Honoree: Joe Blake, Dr. Ben and Jean Galloway
- Keynote: Bob Costas, Sports Personality and Tony Dungy, NFL Coach
- Healing Hand Honoree: Bill and Leslie Vollbracht
- Keynote: Bob Griese and Archie Manning, Former NFL Players
- Healing Hand Honoree: Sharon Magness & Ernie Blake